Towards systematic biomimetic textiles: a case study in technology transfer from biology to man-made textiles. Invited Speaker at Transistions 2: Material Revolution conference, Huddersfield, UK
Biomimetic design. Invited Speaker at Biofabricate Summit, New Lab, Brooklyn Navy Yard, New York, United States
Biomimetic programmable textiles- Towards Self Assembly, Invited Speaker at International Conference on Intelligent Textiles and Mass Customisation (ITMC 2017), Ghent, Belgium
Biomimetic Design: Two day workshop for Masters level industrial designers at the International Helenic University, Thessaloniki, Greece
-Invited workshop 'Biomimetics for Designers', two day workshop exploring biomimetics as an approach to creative design to an audience of Fashion, Textile, Product designers and Architects. University of Art and Design, Linz, Austria.
Invited speaker 'BioInspired: A heirachical approach to textile design', Department of Chemistry, Cambridge University
- Keynote Speaker ‘Design and manufacture of Biomimetic Textiles’ Industrial Workshop on Naturally-inspired Manufacturing, Loughborough University
- Invited speaker 'Time to take the E out of STEM: Engineering for Growth' campaign supported by Royal Academy of Engineering, London.
- D-STEM: a Design led approach to STEM innovation- invited speaker at 5th STS Italia Conference, A Matter of Design: Making Society through Science and Technology, Milan, Italy
- Biomimetic approach to design of smart textiles – invited speaker at Smart Fabrics 2013, Barcelona, Spain
- From Pinecones to Clothing, Invited speaker at Genious of Invention at the Royal Institution, London, UK
- Featured in BAFTA nominated BBC2 documentary titled: Imagineers
- Co-host symposium titled: Dynamic Writing Practices in Art and Design, European Association for the Teaching of Academic Writing, Budapest
- Invited Speaker at Future Fibers, Fabrics and Finishes, The Textile Institute & Society of Dyers & Colourists
- Botanical Hydroscopic Shape Change Mechanisms for Composite Textile Systems – invited speaker at International Symposium on New Frontiers in Fiber Materials Science, The Fibre Society, South Carolina, USA
- Bionic Fashion, invited speaker at GREEN DESIGN 2: Learning from Nature Symposium, Berlin, Germany
- Biomimetic textiles in the clothing sector, Invited speaker Bionik Symposium, Chemnitz, Germany
- The future of clothing functionality: nature as a paradigm- invited speaker at Avantex, Frankfurt, Germany
- Technology transfer from biology into clothing and textiles- invited speaker at Avantex, Frankfurt, Germany
- Metropolitan Comfort: A Biomimetic approach to smart textiles, 85th Textile Institute World Conference, ‘Concept to consumer’ Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Kapsali, V., MMT TEXTILES Ltd. Active fibre. U.S. Patent 9,896,788. Granted Patent
Kapsali V, Biomimetic principles for the design of water repellent surfaces. In John T Williams (ed) Waterproof and Water Repellent Textiles and Clothing, The Textile Institute Book Series, Woodhead Publishing
Kapsali, V. Biomimetics: design inspired by nature, Thames & Hudson, London. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biomimetics-Designers-Veronika-Kapsali/dp/0500518483
- Kapsali, V. Bionic sportswear. In R. Shishoo (ed) Textiles for sportswear, Cambridge, Woodhead Publishing Limited.
- Kapsali, V. Toomey, A. Beyond the idea- D:STEM, a new approach to design and science intergration.
- Kapsali, V., Toomey, A. & Tandler, L. Biomimetic spatial and temporal (4D) design and fabrication. In Biomimetic and Biohybrid Systems (pp. 387-389). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Kapsali, V. Biomimetic approaches to the design of smart textiles for protection. In R. Chapman (ed) Smart Textiles for Protection, Cambridge, Woodhead Publishing Limited
- Kapsali, V. Impact of biomimetic principles on sustainability in the fashion industry. Essay in S. Black, The Sustainable Fashion Handbook, Thames and Hudson
- International patent application PCT/GB2008/000674 published 3/9/09
- Kapsali, V. Biomimetics and its impact on outdoor clothing. In Williams, J.T (ed). Textiles for Cold Weather Protection, (pp 113-139), Cambridge, Woodhead Publishing Limited.
-Kapsali, V. Biomimetic textiles: Design and development of moisture sensitive adaptive textile prototype for application in casual clothing systems, PhD Thesis, University of Bath.
- Kapsali, V. Biomimetic principles in the design of clothing. In Abbott, A. Ellison, M. (eds), Biologically Inspired Textiles, Cambridge, Woodhead Publishing Limited.
- Kapsali, V. & Vincent, J. F. V. Metropolitan Comfort: Biomimetic Analysis of hygroscopic botanical structures and their application to the design of apparel for urban transit. Proceedings to the 85th Textile Institute World Conference: Concept to Consumer, Colombo, Sri Lanka, The Textile Institute.
- Black, S. Kapsali, V. Bourgourd, J. Geesin, F. Fashion and function: factors affecting the design and use of protective clothing. In R. A. Scott. (ed), Textiles for protection, (pp 60-89). Cambridge, Woodhead Publishing Limited.